Unmatched (Evert & Navratilova)
Unable to load clip
The selected clip is currently unabled to be loaded.
The first time Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova stepped onto a tennis court together, the world scarcely noticed. Only a few hundred spectators saw the pert 18-year-old beat the scrappy 16-year-old Czech in 1973. “I remember that she was fat,” Evert recalled. “She was very emotional on the court, whining if she didn't feel she was playing well. But I remember thinking, if she loses weight, we’re all in trouble.” Said Navratilova, “My goal was for her to remember my name.” Eighty matches later – amid the extraordinary growth of women’s tennis – Evert not only remembered, but became a tried and true friend and confidante, remarkable considering the two appeared to be polar opposites in upbringing, life styles and personal relationships. Through a series of personal conversations between Evert and Navratilova, filmmakers Nancy Stern Winters and Lisa Lax, along with producer Hannah Storm, will tell the story of one of the greatest one-on-one sports rivalries and capture these two extraordinary athletes’ views on tennis and an ever-changing world.
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Love Island Recap: Here's Who the New Gals Banished to the Hideaway
- 2. Suits Boss Promises Fans All the Darvey Romance They've Been Waiting For
- 3. Pearson Review: This Spin-Off Is Definitely Not Suits 2.0
- 4. 10 Free Things to Do at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Without a Badge
- 5. Emmys 2019: Complete Coverage of the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards
- 6. You Need to See the OG Childlike Empress' Response to Stranger Things' NeverEnding Challenge
- 7. The Most Painful Snubs and Happiest Surprises of the 2019 Emmy Nominations