The 2004-05 TV season doesn't end until tonight, but two networks have already declared victory: CBS and Fox. The Eye net paced by the final season of Everybody Loves Raymond and a little franchise called CSI will finish first among total viewers and adults 25-54, while American Idol-fueled Fox will come out on top in adults 18-49 for the first time in its 19-year history. The news was also good for ABC, which, despite placing third, was up 16 percent over last year, thanks to freshman smashes Desperate Housewives, Lost and Grey's Anatomy. And NBC? Um, let's not kick a Peacock while it's down.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Bold Type Cast Talks That Tough Consent Storyline and Cancel Culture
- 2. Game of Thrones Season 8 Complete Coverage
- 3. Hot Take Debate: Does Game of Thrones Need to Stop Killing Kids?
- 4. Pose Season 2 Finally Has a Premiere Date!
- 5. Rhea Seehorn Says Better Call Saul Might Not End With Season 6 After All
- 6. Farewell to Shadowhunters: Harry Shum Jr. Strolls Down Malec Memory Lane
- 7. Sansa's Necklace on Game of Thrones Features a Hidden Tribute to Arya