Maybe moviegoers do actually listen to critics. The poorly-reviewed Matrix Revolutions topped the weekend box office with $50 million down 45 percent from the $91.8 million Matrix Reloaded took in during its three-day debut last May. Since opening Wednesday, Revolutions has grossed $85.5 million domestically and $204.1 million worldwide. Elsewhere, Will Ferrell's holiday comedy Elf debuted at No. 2 with a better-than-expected $32.1 million, and Love Actually grabbed the No. 6 spot with $6.6 million which, actually, is pretty good considering it opened on only 576 screens.
- 1. Julia Roberts Isn't Returning for Homecoming Season 2
- 2. How black-ish's Powerful Colorism Episode Nearly Tore the Johnsons Apart
- 3. Lana Condor Steals the Show in Deadly Class
- 4. Supernatural Midseason Trailer: Michael Declares 'Even God Can Die'
- 5. The Roswell, New Mexico Stars Played 'Guess That Alien', and They Were Honestly Stellar
- 6. Sex Education Is the Most Honest Coming-of-Age TV Show We've Seen in Forever
- 7. The 25 Best Ships Ever on Freeform