Cruise's fiancée, Katie Holmes, didn't have such a hot weekend, either. Although between Friday and Sunday, her Batman Begins raked in $46.9 million and bumped Mr. & Mrs. Smith (with its $27.3 million haul) from first place at the box office, the New York Post reports that she won't be cast in any sequel to it. "[Batman's] next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress," sources tell the column. (Elizabeth Berkley, call your agent!) Anyhoo, rounding out the Top Five are Madagascar (with $11.1 million), Star Wars: Episode III ($9.7 million) and The Longest Yard ($8 million).
- 1. 166 Gift Ideas Inspired by Sansa, Sabrina and More of Your TV Faves
- 2. Amy Poehler and Her 'Leslie Blazers' Are Ready for a Parks & Recreation Reunion
- 3. Netflix Is Now Murder Central, Adds Ted Bundy Docuseries to Already Stacked True Crime Roster
- 4. Riverdale Sneak Peek: Jughead and His Mom Finally Reunite!
- 5. Sophia Bush Finally Explains Why She Left Chicago P.D.
- 6. Snowflakes Cause a Little Tension in Last Man Standing's Christmas Episode
- 7. The Innocent Man Is Netflix's Latest Reminder of Our Failed Justice System