Time for repeats already? Didn't Luke just accept Lorelai's impromptu proposal? No big deal. If I love a show, I'll watch it again two months later. But my feelings about this particular ep still haven't changed. I wanted crazy, flirty, romantic fun from newly engaged Luke and Lorelai. Instead, we got Zima, a used engagement ring and obnoxious, judgmental neighbors. Sigh. At least this time I caught a lot of great stuff I missed while I was pouting. Didja notice
* The huge smile on Luke's face when Lorelai said kids "would be good"? Almost makes up for him not kissing her in the diner right away. Almost.
* The song Grant Lee Phillips was singing on the street corner? "Making you an offer/Still runs great/Looking for a brand-new start/A special one-time deal on a pre-owned car." Um, symbolism, anyone?
* The name of the bar
* Babette's hot line about Luke: "She proposed? (Sighs) Well, at least he has a good ass."
* Michel's ironic line about Lorelai: "She's treating me like her servant. I'm busy opening her door like Benson."
* Lorelai's funny line about her mother: "I scared you half to death? Well, follow-through has always been one of my problems."
* Rory's ridiculous line about her future: "No more scheduling, no more planning. I will spend my days making ice cream beer floats and take life as it comes."