With nearly 23 million viewers tuned in, last Wednesday's American Idol finale in which Kelly Clarkson triumphed over Justin Guarini easily ranked as the week's most-watched show. Tuesday's penultimate episode attracted 18.7 million viewers for a second place finish. The one-two punch helped Fox win the week in every major ratings category the first time the network has done so without the Super Bowl or World Series. In related news, 20th Century Fox has expressed interest in producing that much-buzzed-about American Idol movie. According to Variety, the pic would feature Clarkson and Guarini, and mix "real-life adventures with scripted hijinks."
- 1. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed
- 2. Amazon Prime's January Lineup Makes It Easy To Prepare For Oscar Season
- 3. Last Man Standing Recruits Tisha Campbell for a Familiar Role
- 4. Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang Are Coming to Apple
- 5. The CW Really Wants to Make Chris Wood Happen
- 6. The 12 Days of Chris-Mas, Explained
- 7. Watch the Promising First Trailer for the Downton Abbey Movie