It looks like Katie Couric and Matt Lauer are being pulled off Today's "late" shift. According to the New York Post, NBC is planning to revamp the third hour of the Today show, complete with different hosts and a whole new look. "It will be like a different show to keep up with Regis and Kelly and other shows, but it will still be called Today," an insider tells the paper. The extra hour has reportedly been a "nightmare" for Couric and Lauer, who will continue to helm the first two hours alongside Ann Curry and Al Roker. The move comes as Good Morning America threatens to overtake Today as TV's most-watched morning show. An NBC rep denies that there are changes planned for the third hour.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Oscars 2019: When Are the Oscars and How to Watch Online
- 2. Will Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Phil Coulson Appear in Avengers: Endgame?
- 3. The Blacklist: More Truths About (the Real) Reddington Are Revealed
- 4. Outlander Boss Addresses Jamie and Claire's Sex Drought
- 5. Tracee Ellis Ross on How Black-ish Enlisted Octavia Spencer to School Us for Black History Month
- 6. The Originals' Leah Pipes Is Headed to Another Witchy CW Series, and It's Not Legacies
- 7. Sizzy Will Heat Up in Shadowhunters' Final Season