Growing up in Hollywood isn't all glitz and glamour — at least for Sachi Parker, daughter of film icon Shirley MacLaine. In a new tell-all book, Lucky Me, Parker slams her mother for her unorthodox parenting.The New York Daily News, Parker recalls MacLaine pressuring her into losing her virginity to her boyfriend while a pair of sex therapists were staying at their house. Parker writes that she felt "like Mia Farrow surrounded by Satanists in Rosemary's Baby."Afterward, the therapists were eagerly waiting with questions. "Did you achieve climax?" they asked, according to Parker. "We both nodded vigorously. They smiled smugly. I hated them," Parker wrote.MacLaine denies much of the book, telling People that it's "virtually all fiction." "I'm sorry to see such a dishonest, opportunistic effort from my daughter," MacLaine said.Friday's episode of 20/20. "She was very absent," Parker said of MacLaine's parenting. "I was very lonely — very lonely. Definitely. And I still struggle with abandonment issues and loneliness." According to Parker, MacLaine could only handle playing mom for only four hours at a time. After that, Parker says she became a burden.At 2 years old, MacLaine shipped Parker off to Japan to live with her father. And since the actress didn't accompany her toddler, Parker says the stewardesses acted as her caregivers.MacLaine, 78, rarely saw her daughter and was "very old-school regarding money and tough love," Parker said. Since her mother refused to help, Parker said she was unable to afford college and had to work as a maid, waitress and stewardess.
Game of Thrones Season 8 Complete Coverage
Every recap, review, ranking, explainer, and fan theory you need
Add To WatchlistEdit WatchlistActor, Author, Director, Dancer Watchlist Premiered: Jun 6, 1978 Watchlist Watchlist
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. So, About That Time Jason Momoa Sent a Game of Thrones Showrunner to the Hospital
- 2. Where Does The Magicians Go After That Shocking and Unexpected Death?
- 3. Netflix's Tuca & Bertie Trailer Looks like Broad City with Birds
- 4. Homecoming Offers a Rare Glimpse at a Vulnerable (But Still Superhuman) Beyoncé
- 5. Elmo Ends the Lannister Family Feud in This Sesame Street and Game of Thrones Crossover
- 6. This Game of Thrones Star Still Hasn't Watched the Whole Show
- 7. The Gifted and Rel Canceled at Fox