What is it they say? Hell hath no fury like a president scorned? It's something like that when Rod makes the front page in a drunken intern-groping scandal. (Did you see Mac's body language in that breakfast scene? I've never heard a spatula say so much.) Of course, it all turns out to be a dirty trick on the part of the Democratic National Committee sweet intern Meg Manning slipped ol' Jake Kane a mickey and then poised herself for the perfect photo op. So, score one for the First Marriage, not so much for those of us waiting to see something a little more challenging from this relationship. I guess it'd be a different show altogether, but I was kinda hoping for a darker turn there somewhere. As it is, we're left with a pat explanation, an official apology to the wronged parties, and a bedtime reassurance to the kids that everything's going to be just fine. Like I wasn't already primed for major yawnage by that opening two-minute montage of previous State of the Union addresses? Round about Jimmy Carter, I promptly regressed into eighth-grade history-class mode half-asleep and hiding behind my hair. (Don't call on me. Don't call on me. Don't call on me. Damn.) Luckily, I can always count on Kiefer's dad to snap me out of my daze with some well-timed rhetoric: "She's spitting in the face of history," he says of Mac's decision to deliver her own State of the Union from the Oval Office, rather than before Congress. The nerve! I can hardly wait for May sweeps, when he's sure to go the distance by tying Mac to the train tracks and twirling his mustache oh-so-maniacally. Assuming the show survives that long...
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Angry Red Keeps Things Interesting on The Blacklist
- 2. One Chicago Is Losing Three of Its Stars, Including Jon Seda
- 3. Bellamy and Echo Will Be a 'Great Unit' in The 100 Season 6
- 4. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley
- 5. Grey's Anatomy: Jo's Downward Spiral Is Going to Ruin Her Life
- 6. All the Easter Eggs You Missed From The Twilight Zone, Legacies, Game of Thrones, and More
- 7. Everything We Know About The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 So Far