Talk about a fashion statement: The cone-shaped black satin bra Madonna wore on her 1990 Blonde Ambition tour has been auctioned off for over $20,000, the Associated Press reports. Designed by Jean-Paul Gaultier, the brassy brassiere will be publicly displayed by its eager buyer, the Museum of Fashion and Textiles in Santiago, Chile. A spokesperson for Christie's auction house in London said they'd initially expected to fetch less than $5,000 for the Material Mom's undies.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Flash: Was Barry's Reaction to Nora's Partnership with the Reverse Flash Too Harsh?
- 2. Empire Boss Confirms Who Is Definitely Not in the Casket
- 3. The 5 Episodes of Netflix's Love, Death + Robots You Absolutely Should Watch
- 4. David Boreanaz Hints at an Angel Reunion for Series' 20th Anniversary
- 5. Why Did Mia Smoak Grow Up Without Her Father on Arrow?
- 6. Farewell to Shadowhunters: Kat McNamara Reveals Emotional Moment Filming Her Final Scene
- 7. Avan Jogia and Kelli Berglund Read High Ideas from Reddit