Day 7 of the Rio Olympics marks the last individual events for swimmers Michael Phelps and Katie Ledecky, but it's also the first day of track and field. Here's the big stuff you should keep an eye out for on Friday, Aug. 12 (all times ET).
Swimming, women's 800-meter freestyle final
When: 9:20 p.m.
If you want to watch greatness at work for eight minutes, tune in to see Katie Ledecky dominate the event in which she won gold as a 15-year-old in London. She has not lost an 800 free race since and owns the 11 fastest times in history. Ledecky — who is seeking to become the first woman since 1968 to win three individual freestyle golds at one Olympics after winning the 200 and 400 — will take to the pool right following Michael Phelps' final individual race in the 100-meter butterfly.
Track and field, heats
When: 7:20 p.m.
Track and field gets underway with heats for multiple events, including the men's 400 meters, with Beijing champ LaShawn Merritt of the U.S., and the women's 100 meters. Watch out for U.S. sprinters Tori Bowie, English Gardner and Tianna Bartoletta.
Soccer, women's quarterfinals
When: 9:00 a.m.
Spend all day watching soccer. The quarterfinal matches kick off (no pun intended) at 9:00 a.m. with U.S. vs. Sweden. At 12:00 p.m., Germany and China will face off, followed by Canada vs. France (3:00 p.m.) and Brazil vs. Australia (6:00 p.m.)
Other medal events:
- Rowing, women's lightweight double sculls (8:52 a.m.)
- Equestrian, team dressage (9:00 a.m.)
- Rowing, men's lightweight double sculls (9:04 a.m.)
- Rowing, women's coxless pair (9:24 a.m.)
- Rowing, men's coxless four (9:44 a.m.)
- Shooting, men's 50 meters rifle prone (10:00 a.m.)
- Track and field, women's 10,000 meters (10:10 a.m.)
- Boxing, men's light fly 49 kilograms (11:00 a.m.)
- Track and field, men's 20-kilometer walk (1:30 p.m.)
- Shooting, women's skeet (bronze medal match at 2:30 p.m.; gold medal match at 2:45 p.m.)
- Weightlifting, women's 75 kilograms (2:30 p.m.)
- Trampoline, women's individual (2:42 p.m.)
- Judo, women's over 78 kilograms (bronze medal bouts 3:26 p.m.; gold medal bout at 3:40 p.m.)
- Archery, men's individual (bronze medal match at 3:27 p.m.; gold medal match at 3:43 p.m.)
- Judo, men's over 100 kilograms (bronze medal bouts at 3:47 p.m.; gold medal bout at 4:01 p.m.)
- Fencing, men's team foil (bronze medal match at 4:00 p.m.; gold medal match at 5:30 p.m.)
- Tennis, men's doubles (bronze and gold medal matches at 4:20 p.m.)
- Cycling/track, women's team sprint (bronze medal race at 5:00 p.m.; gold medal race at 5:04 p.m.)
- Cycling/track, men's team pursuit (bronze medal race at 5:34 p.m.; gold medal race at 5:42 p.m.)
- Weightlifting, men's 85 kilograms (6:00 p.m.)
- Track and field, women's shot put (9:00 p.m.)
- Swimming, women's 200-meter backstroke (9:03 p.m.)
- Swimming, men's 100-meter butterfly (9:12 p.m.)
- Swimming, men's 50-meter freestyle (9:44 p.m.)