Good thing Jennifer Garner's still got her day job: The Alias butt-kicker's Daredevil offshoot, Elektra, opened at the box office this weekend in fifth place. To give you some idea of how crummy that pic's $12.5 mil opening is, let's compare: Samuel L. Jackson's new hoops drama, Coach Carter, came in first with almost twice that much dinero ($23,600,000); in week No. 4, Meet the Fockers still raked in more green ($19 mil) than J. Gar in Spandex; the zebra-riding adventure Racing Stripes took third place (with more than $14 mil); and even the relatively low-profile Topher Grace/Dennis Quaid dramedy In Good Company beat Elektra by nearly $1,500,000.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger
- 2. Here's What It's Like to Go to IDCon, the Unofficial Murderchella
- 3. Netflix's The Perfection Review: Logan Browning's Projectile Vomit Is Far from the Grossest Part
- 4. What to Stream the Weekend of May 24
- 5. Where We Left Off With Star Trek: Picard's Eponymous Captain
- 6. Could Whiskey Cavalier Get a Second Season After All?
- 7. The First Teaser Trailer for Star Trek: Picard Is Here and Something's Up with Jean-Luc