Rocker Pink (aka Alecia Moore) will make her debut as a big-screen leading lady playing the late Janis Joplin in an upcoming biopic directed by Penelope Spheeris, Variety reports. "After trying to make a picture on Janis's life for 15 years, I'd call Alecia's screen test the most gratifying moment in my film career," says Spheeris. "She is the perfect age to play Janis from when she first came to California at 19 to when she died at 27." I know she's a serious actress now, but that whole Alecia thing just ain't doin' it for me. Sorry.
- 1. Sex and the City's Sarah Jessica Parker Teases Carrie Bradshaw Return
- 2. Jeremiah Will Return and Evolve Again on Gotham
- 3. Red in Prison Is the Blacklist Storyline We Didn't Know We Needed
- 4. The Celebrity Big Brother Season 2 Cast Reveals Their Biggest Live-Feed Fears
- 5. Star Trek: Discovery Will Explore Number One's Relationship with Captain Pike
- 6. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is Stronger and More Fun
- 7. Dynasties Is a Powerful and Necessary New Species of Nature Documentary