The Pianist got a big Oscar boost over the weekend, winning top honors at both Britain's and France's annual film kudos. At Saturday's Cesar Awards, the French bestowed seven trophies on Roman Polanski's Holocaust drama, including best film, best director and best actor for Adrien Brody. The Brits, meanwhile, also handed The Pianist wins for best film and director, but gave Gangs of New York's scenery-chewer Daniel Day-Lewis the BAFTA for best actor. Other winners at Sunday's British Academy Awards included Nicole Kidman (best actress for The Hours), Catherine Zeta-Jones (best supporting actress for Chicago) and Christopher Walken (best supporting actor for Catch Me if You Can).
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. What's Coming to and Leaving Hulu in July
- 2. Is The Good Place on Netflix?
- 3. Here's When The Good Place, One Chicago, and More NBC Shows Premiere in the Fall
- 4. GLOW's Season 3 Trailer Unleashes Geena Davis in Vegas
- 5. The Bachelor in Paradise Season 6 Cast Is Here
- 6. Game of Thrones Stars Who Felt Just as Conflicted About Season 8 as You Did
- 7. Meet the Big Brother 21 Houseguests