Singer/songwriter Elliott Smith, who earned an Oscar nod for "Miss Misery," one of several songs he contributed to the soundtrack for Good Will Hunting, died Tuesday of an apparent suicide, MTV reports. He was 34. Smith's body, marked with a single knife wound, was found in his Los Angeles apartment by a friend. Smith battled drug and alcohol addiction throughout his career, and often addressed such themes in his music.
- 1. Here's What's New on Netflix in April
- 2. What's Leaving Netflix in April
- 3. Kit Harington Says Game of Thrones Season 8 Gave Him 'Peace' About Jon Snow
- 4. Luke Perry Might Have Appeared in the Beverly Hills, 90210 Revival After All
- 5. 129 Things Degrassi Taught Me About Sex, Dating, and Puberty
- 6. When It Comes to Sex and Profanity on TV, Where the F*ck Do We Draw the Line?
- 7. A Virgin's Take on TV Virgins