With seven Oscar nods under its belt, Million Dollar Baby was in fighting form at the weekend box office. In its first weekend of wide release, the boxing drama with the big twist rose to third place with $11.8 million. The Robert De Niro-Dakota Fanning spooker Hide and Seek debuted at No. 1 with $22 million, followed by Ice Cube's Are We There Yet?, which slipped one spot to No. 2 with $17 million. Tara Reid, meanwhile, may want to go back to playing vapid party girls (just not on Scrubs, please). Her turn as a brilliant anthropologist in Alone in the Dark bombed, taking in an embarrassing $2.5 million.
- 1. Dirty John's Veronica Newell Is the Unapologetic Bad Bitch You Need to See This Season
- 2. Counterpart Creator Teases Quayle's 'Luck Will Soon Run Out'
- 3. Outlander's David Berry Admits John Grey May Always Carry a Torch for Jamie
- 4. Netflix Reveals Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Titles
- 5. Doctor Who Gets Deadly in the First Trailer for the New Year's Special
- 6. Here's How The Ranch Handled Danny Masterson's Exit
- 7. Brooklyn Nine-Nine Gets Into the Christmas Spirit with Some Die Hard Action in New Trailer