The exec producer of Sex and the City is speaking out for the first time about Kim Cattrall's decision to pull out of the show's big-screen spinoff a stunt that killed the project for good. "The thing that's saddest for me," Michael Patrick King tells USA Today, "is that the whole movie was for the audience. The series ended with pathos and deep emotion, but this would have been big laughs. Now it will never happen." King says the movie would have picked up where the series left off and also feature a flashback to the girls' first meeting in the '80s. "It would have been screamingly funny," he says. "A lot of '80s clothes." Damn you, Kim Cattrall! Damn you!
Game of Thrones Season 8 Complete Coverage
Every recap, review, ranking, explainer, and fan theory you need
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Game of Thrones Photo Recap: Arya Gets It in Despite Having Zero Game
- 2. Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and More Stars Looking Super at the Avengers: Endgame Premiere
- 3. Better Call Saul May End After Season 6
- 4. Here's How To Watch the Avengers: Endgame Premiere Livestream
- 5. The Trailer for Gotham's Series Finale Is Here, With 100 Percent More Batman
- 6. Here's How Antonio, Connor, and Ava Might Leave One Chicago
- 7. Which Game of Thrones Characters Are Most Likely to Die Fighting the White Walkers?