This is probably as strange for you to read as it was for me to write: The new comedy Kangaroo Jack topped the holiday weekend box office with $21.8 million from Friday-Monday. It edged out Martin Lawrence's new flick National Security, which debuted in second place with $17.5 million. Golden Globe winners Chicago and The Hours, meanwhile, continued to perform solidly in modest release. Chicago ranked No. 6 with $9.1 million, while The Hours climbed 13 places to No. 9 with $5.7 million.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 2. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 3. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 4. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 5. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 7. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger