A new generation of R&B singers Alicia Keys, Destiny's Child and the late Aaliyah were the big winners at Wednesday's American Music Awards, picking up two awards each. Country singer Tim McGraw also received two trophies at the annual popularity contest. Michael Jackson on hand to accept his Artist of the Century award thanked actor Marlon Brando, calling him "my second father." A tape of Jacko performing "Man in the Mirror" was supposed to air during the three-hour ABC telecast, but reps for the onetime King of Pop reportedly demanded show producers pull it at the last minute. Insiders speculate that Jacko's camp feared airing the tape would have jeopardized his chances of performing at next month's Grammy Awards. It's just the latest wrinkle in the ongoing tug-of-war between the two awards shows.
- 1. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 2. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 3. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 4. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed
- 5. Amazon Prime's January Lineup Makes It Easy To Prepare For Oscar Season
- 6. Last Man Standing Recruits Tisha Campbell for a Familiar Role
- 7. Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang Are Coming to Apple