There's bad taste, and then there's this: Fox has slotted the premiere of its traditional family sitcom, The War at Home, for the fourth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. Who's My Daddy? notwithstanding, can the net really be that insensitive? A source close to the show says War staffers "were all a little shocked and horrified" by the move, and they're not alone. "I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but Fox should seriously consider launching the show on another day," says Ed Martin, an editor at MediaVillage.com. "To see that title on that day would be confusing, not to mention tacky." Fox declined to comment, but a network insider points out that, "The show has absolutely nothing to do with war or world events." In that case, wow, the title is just perfect!
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Is Bohemian Rhapsody on Netflix?
- 2. Better Things' Pamela Adlon Reveals How Big Changes Behind the Scenes Became a 'Hidden Blessing'
- 3. Dominic Sherwood Books First Post-Shadowhunters Role in Penny Dreadful Spin-Off
- 4. Tom Holland Teamed With Stephen Colbert to Rescue Dogs Because Superheroes Are Real
- 5. How to Watch the First 2020 Democratic Debates
- 6. These Big Little Lies Stars Will Reunite for Ryan Murphy's The Prom
- 7. The Hills Fans Can't Get Over How Hot Justin Bobby Still Is