As TVGuide.com first reported on Tuesday, Gene Shalit answered GLAAD's request for an apology for his Brokeback Mountain review with a statement saying, "In describing the behavior of Jack, I used words that I now discover have angered, agitated and hurt many people. I certainly had no intention of casting aspersions on anyone in the gay community or on the community itself. I regret any emotional hurt that may have resulted from my review." In the spirit of mea culpa, TVGuide.com apologizes for making that old Gene Shalit headshot appear on your monitor yesterday.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Star Trek: Discovery Fans Shouldn't Get Too Attached to Captain Pike
- 2. Will How to Get Away with Murder Return for Season 6? Showrunner Pete Nowalk Sounds Off
- 3. The Perfectionists Cast Plays Who Said It: A Disney Villain or a Pretty Little Liar?
- 4. Arrow Still Hasn't Answered One Big Question About Mia Smoak's Upbringing
- 5. At Least One Jane the Virgin Star Will Appear in the Spin-Off
- 6. The Act Review: It's Sick and Suspenseful… but Missing a Point
- 7. How Roswell Changed Shiri Appleby's Life as an Actress and a Director