Who knew that Meredith would be the one to help Derek move on and go back to being intimate with Addison? How very adult of "miserable diseased dirty ex-mistress" Meredith to be so supportive. Luckily it helped her own sanity and confidence, since she met that new guy at the end. Loved that she asked if he was a doctor. Other highlights of this thankfully non-"very special" Thanksgiving episode:
- So great to see Burke being social and cordial ("call me Preston"), as well as being such a good cook.
- Brian Kerwin was extremely effective as the guy who woke up after being a vegetable for 16 years. How horrible for him to find out his wife got remarried and is pregnant, but I liked that he wanted to hear this news from Meredith.
- I could somewhat relate to my favorite character, George, since he has a dad and two brothers who he doesn't have much in common with. (My dad and two brothers are very much into sports and I'm so not). But in the end (no pun intended since his dad got shot in the butt), I could also relate since we got to see that they still love and support each other. Best line was George to Izzie when he finally showed up: "Today, I committed bird murder and I was forced to touch my dad's ass. I get extra credit for showing up at all."
- Glad Alex opened up to Meredith and told her he failed his medical boards. Hopefully he'll tell Izzie soon, too.
- Too funny that Bailey didn't let that temporary attending physician know she was "the Nazi" his face at the end was priceless.
- Cristina not being able to do Thanksgiving without liquor hit home for me. What am I bringing to my friend's house for Thanksgiving on Thursday? Beer and wine. DA
(Disclosure: TV Guide is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.)