NBC series returned with new episodes on Monday, but did viewers return with them? Surface averaged 8.6 million viewers, down a full mil from the drama's last fresh episode, while Las Vegas and Medium conducted business as usual with 11.5 and 12.1 million, respectively. Of course, NBC faced "special" competition from ABC, whose coverage of the Fiesta Bowl finale and Sugar Bowl averaged 16.8 million viewers. Elsewhere, Contra Viento y Marea (with 4.8 mil) bested Arrested Development's savage send-up of its struggles with Fox by about 500,000 viewers, while Alborada improved on that at 9 o'clock by drawing a full 4.9 million viewers. Did I mention that Univision programming is included in the Nielsens as of Jan. 1? Sí!
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Mindy Kaling's New Netflix Show Could Fill the One Day at a Time Void in Your Life
- 2. Last Man Standing Exclusive: Eve Gets Tough with the Baxters' Foreign Exchange Student
- 3. Hanna Review: Now This Is How You Turn a Movie Into a TV Series
- 4. Lizzy Caplan and Elsie Fisher Will Step Into a Stephen King Classic in Castle Rock Season 2
- 5. Everything to Know About The Sopranos Movie, Newark
- 6. Jane the Virgin Boss Previews Michael's Return: 'It Affects the Whole Season'
- 7. One Day at a Time and Sex Education Are Helping Immigrants and Their Queer Kids Bridge the Generational Gap