Malcolm in the Middle mom Jane Kaczmarek, who has been a no-show around the Fox comedy's L.A. set since early February, returned to work Thursday. The 46-year-old actress, who plays manic Lois, had been suffering from intense migraine headaches. Sources, however, tell TV Guide Online that her reps had been negotiating with the show's producers for a big pay raise. Her publicist denies any connection between her health and salary talks, but similar rumors about a "sick out" circulated in September during another of Kaczmarek's absences. (Her husband, actor Bradley Whitford, was among four members of The West Wing cast that threatened to walk out last summer over a pay dispute.) Kaczmarek's MIA status forced producers to eliminate two episodes there will be only 22 Malcolms this season, instead of 24.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Bellamy Delivers a Low Blow to Octavia in This Tense The 100 Sneak Peek
- 2. Netflix's Another Life Review: Katee Sackhoff's Return to Space Is Derivative Disappointment
- 3. Tina Majorino Says She Turned Down Veronica Mars Season 4 Due to Mac's 'Diminished Value'
- 4. Should Veronica Mars Continue After Season 4?
- 5. The Brady Bunch Cast Is Reuniting for Specials on Discovery and Food Network
- 6. Jason Dohring Reacts to That Veronica Mars Bombshell: 'For Three Days I Had an Empty Feeling'
- 7. Veronica Mars Creator Explains That Gut-Wrenching Death: 'Even My Family May Turn on Me'