Interested in breaking into the news biz? There are a few openings at CBS. Four CBS news execs were fired today following the release of an independent investigation into the botched 60 Minutes report about President Bush's military service. "The bottom line is that much of the September 8th broadcast was wrong, incomplete or unfair," Les Moonves said in a statement. The pink slipees included producers Mary Mapes, Josh Howard, Mary Murphy and senior vice president Betsy West. CBS News president Andrew Heyward, whom Moonves described as "an executive of integrity and talent," was spared the axe. And what about Dan Rather, who announced in November that he was stepping down as anchor of the CBS Evening News? Although Moonves said the broadcast "would have benefited from a more direct involvement on" his part, "we believe any further action would not be appropriate." Coming Friday: The independent panel releases its findings on how Center of the Universe made it onto the air.
- 1. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 2. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 3. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 4. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed
- 5. Amazon Prime's January Lineup Makes It Easy To Prepare For Oscar Season
- 6. Last Man Standing Recruits Tisha Campbell for a Familiar Role
- 7. Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang Are Coming to Apple