Disney-Pixar's fishing expedition, Finding Nemo, paid off at the box office this weekend, earning $70.6 million. The underwater animated adventure featuring the voices of Albert Brooks, Ellen DeGeneres and Willem Dafoe came in first place and set a new opening record for a cartoon flick. Coming in at No. 2, the Jim Carrey comedy Bruce Almighty continued to see heavenly sales, with $35.6 million. Rounding out the top five: The Italian Job (No. 3 with $19.3 million), The Matrix Reloaded (No. 4 with $15 million) and Daddy Day Care (No. 5 with 6.8 million).
- 1. 166 Gift Ideas Inspired by Sansa, Sabrina and More of Your TV Faves
- 2. Amy Poehler and Her 'Leslie Blazers' Are Ready for a Parks & Recreation Reunion
- 3. Netflix Is Now Murder Central, Adds Ted Bundy Docuseries to Already Stacked True Crime Roster
- 4. Riverdale Sneak Peek: Jughead and His Mom Finally Reunite!
- 5. Sophia Bush Finally Explains Why She Left Chicago P.D.
- 6. Snowflakes Cause a Little Tension in Last Man Standing's Christmas Episode
- 7. The Innocent Man Is Netflix's Latest Reminder of Our Failed Justice System