Don't fuhgetabout a sixth Sopranos season just yet. According to The Hollywood Reporter, series creator/executive producer David Chase is talking to HBO about the possibility of doing a sixth season. (The show's fifth season is currently in production and is slated to debut in early 2004.) Meanwhile, James Gandolfini has taken a giant step towards repairing his image in the wake of his very public salary renegotiation with HBO earlier this year. The Emmy winner, who recently received an advance on his share of the Sopranos profits from the network, reportedly handed out $500,000 in checks to more than a dozen of his fellow cast members. (Let's hope Edie Falco got most of the moolah.) "It was always part of his plan to share some of the wealth with the other actors," a source close to Gandolfini tells THR. "He has always called this show an ensemble, from Day 1."
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Sabrina's Kiernan Shipka Will Star In a Netflix Holiday Rom-Com From John Green
- 2. How to Watch the Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Premiere Red Carpet
- 3. Riverdale Is Doing Another Musical - And Yes, Jughead Is Singing!
- 4. Amazon Prime's February Line-Up Features Jordan Peele's Lorena Bobbitt Docuseries and More
- 5. American Vandal's Melvin Gregg Stars in Netflix B-Ball Drama Movie High Flying Bird
- 6. 2018-2019 TV Scorecard: Which Shows Are Canceled? Which Are Renewed?
- 7. Grey's Anatomy's Sandra Oh and Kevin McKidd Had a Moment After the Golden Globes