ABC's top newsman Peter Jennings, 66, has been diagnosed with lung cancer, the network confirmed Tuesday. In an e-mail to employees, Jennings said he will anchor World News Tonight when he feels up to it over the next few months as he undergoes chemotherapy. "There will be good days and bad," he told staffers, "which means some days I may be cranky and some days really cranky." Charles Gibson and Elizabeth Vargas will serve as Jennings' primary substitutes in his absence.
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 2. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 3. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 4. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 5. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 7. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger