Arliss is a millionaire shoe manufacturer who is bored. His chief rival, the head of Hartland Shoes, dies, leaving his own company on the brink of bankruptcy and leaving Arliss without adequate competition to spur him on. Arliss takes off on a vacation, putting his eager nephew,
Albright, in charge of the firm. While on holiday he meets Davis and Newton, a fun-loving brother and sister who are actually heirs to the Hartland company. Arliss pretends to be a destitute bum and is offered work in the shoe factory by the Hartlands. In no time at all he turns a profit and
begins competing with his know-it-all nephew. He also teaches Davis and Newton a thing or two about life, forcing them to take jobs in the factory after becoming their legal guardian. By the finale he reveals his true identity and gives his blessings to the blossoming romance of Davis and the
now-wiser nephew Albright. A thoroughly enjoyable piece of entertainment which serves no other purpose than to put a smile on your face.
Cast & Details See all »
- Rating: NR
- Review: Arliss is a millionaire shoe manufacturer who is bored. His chief rival, the head of Hartland Shoes, dies, leaving his own company on the brink of bankruptcy and leaving Arliss without adequate competition to spur him on. Arliss takes off on a vacation, pu… (more)
- 1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine Gets Into the Christmas Spirit with Some Die Hard Action in New Trailer
- 2. The First Umbrella Academy Trailer Teases a Stylish End to the World
- 3. Saturday Night Live Got Jason Momoa Back in Khal Drogo's Wig
- 4. The 100's Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley Reflect on Clarke and Bellamy's Toughest Moments So Far
- 5. TV Guide's Arrowverse Crossover HQ: Elseworlds Broken Down
- 6. Counterpart Season 2 Proves There's Lots More Dual-Universe Fun to Be Had
- 7. Arrowverse Crossover Sneak Peek: Oliver and Barry Meet Superman!