Seeking a cheap replacement for oater star George O'Brien, who hung up his spurs at RKO upon completion of TRIPLE JUSTICE (1940), the studio decided to put young Tim Holt in the saddle. Perhaps because they were unsure of their new star, RKO moguls barely spent a dime on the production,
and it shows. Holt plays the leader of a supply train that delivers essential provisions to outlying settlements. The job isn't easy, as Holt must fight off constant Indian attacks, but he does find time to uncover his father's killer and rescue O'Driscoll from the clutches of the evil man's son.
Songs, mostly delivered off camera by Ray Whitley, include: "Wagon Train," "A Girl Just Like You," "Why Shore," and "Farewell" (Ray Whitley, Fred Rose).
- 1. The Most Popular Show of 2018 Isn't Even on Anymore
- 2. Where to Stream Penny Marshall's Best Movies and TV Shows
- 3. All the TV Marathons Airing on Christmas
- 4. There's a Queer as Folk Reboot in the Works at Bravo
- 5. Penny Marshall, Prolific Actress and Director, Dead at 75
- 6. George Takei Is Headed to AMC's The Terror
- 7. NBC Sets Premiere Dates for John Legend's Season of The Voice and Much More