Presley's one really good musical, mainly because it features a female costar, Ann-Margret, who can match the coiffed one in the charisma stakes. Elvis plays Lucky Jackson, a race-car driver who comes to Las Vegas to compete in the upcoming Grand Prix against his arch-rival, Count Elmo
Cancini (Cesare Danova). To earn money for a new engine, Presley takes a job as a waiter at a casino, romancing swimming teacher Rusty Martin (Ann-Margret) and singing songs in his spare time before the race. They include: "The Lady Loves Me" (Sid Tepper, Roy C. Bennett); "Viva Las Vegas," "I Need
Somebody to Lean On," (Doc Pomus); "What'd I Say" (Ray Charles); "Come On, Everybody" (Stanley Chianese); "Today, Tomorrow and Forever" (Bill Giant, Bernie Baum, Florence Kaye); "If You Think I Don't Need You" (Bob "Red" West); "Appreciation," "My Rival" (Marvin More, Bernie Wayne); "The Climb,"
"The Yellow Rose of Texas" (Don George); and "The Eyes of Texas Are upon You."
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. The Other Two Is the Sweetest Take on Showbiz Satires
- 2. Supernatural's Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Tease 300th Episode
- 3. Burned by the Fyre Festival, Restaurant Owner in Netflix Doc Raises $135,000 in a Week
- 4. When Is Super Bowl LIII?
- 5. Did True Detective Just Reveal The Season 3 Killer?
- 6. Baywatch on Amazon Prime Will Heat Up Your Winter
- 7. Here's What to Stream Before Gillian Anderson Arrives on The Crown