Roger Vadim attempts to bring the Marquis de Sade up to date, and what better place to present his ideas than in the Nazi court of Paris during WW II? However, lacking a firm sense of political commitment, Vadim's efforts look like another of his attempts to delve into sexual
exploitation. Girardot and Deneuve play two sisters captured by the Nazis and forced to become sexual playthings for the commanding officers. Somehow Deneuve manages to repel the advances of the soldiers, thus earning the virtue part of the title, but her sister isn't so dedicated and becomes
mistress to an SS officer. Part was filmed at the chateau of Fenelon and Treyne.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Mindy Kaling's New Netflix Show Could Fill the One Day at a Time Void in Your Life
- 2. Last Man Standing Exclusive: Eve Gets Tough with the Baxters' Foreign Exchange Student
- 3. Hanna Review: Now This Is How You Turn a Movie Into a TV Series
- 4. Lizzy Caplan and Elsie Fisher Will Step Into a Stephen King Classic in Castle Rock Season 2
- 5. Everything to Know About The Sopranos Movie, Newark
- 6. Jane the Virgin Boss Previews Michael's Return: 'It Affects the Whole Season'
- 7. One Day at a Time and Sex Education Are Helping Immigrants and Their Queer Kids Bridge the Generational Gap