Following Hammer's THE VAMPIRE LOVERS (1970), the horror market was virtually flooded with erotic vampire movies featuring sexy female bloodsuckers. One of the better efforts among these, VAMPYRES, DAUGHTERS OF DRACULA features a pair of bisexual female vampires, Morris and Anulka
(Playboy's May 1973 centerfold), based in a decrepit mansion. Sleeping in their double coffin by day, they roam the area by night, seducing men and women into their lair with promises of untold carnal delights. However, one of their victims, Brown, falls in love with Morris and agrees to stay with
her, despite the fact that he knows she is a vampire who will eventually drain him of all his blood. A surprisingly effective combination of the genuinely erotic and horribly violent, this film is one of the few vampire movies that actually manages to convey powerfully the seductions of vampirism.
Unfortunately, the movie is marred somewhat by its low budget and a rather mundane conclusion. Available on home video under the title VAMPYRES.
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Mindy Kaling's New Netflix Show Could Fill the One Day at a Time Void in Your Life
- 2. Last Man Standing Exclusive: Eve Gets Tough with the Baxters' Foreign Exchange Student
- 3. Hanna Review: Now This Is How You Turn a Movie Into a TV Series
- 4. Lizzy Caplan and Elsie Fisher Will Step Into a Stephen King Classic in Castle Rock Season 2
- 5. Everything to Know About The Sopranos Movie, Newark
- 6. Jane the Virgin Boss Previews Michael's Return: 'It Affects the Whole Season'
- 7. One Day at a Time and Sex Education Are Helping Immigrants and Their Queer Kids Bridge the Generational Gap