Richard, a real-life minor pop star turned religious crusader, plays a young man tempted by easy money into drug dealing. Since his mother works as a receptionist for a doctor, getting the stuff is no problem. Bisset, his mother's employer, dabbles with psychedelic substances himself.
Richard goes with his girl friend, Holloway, to a revival meeting led by the famed evangelist Graham (playing himself in a cameo appearance). She sees the light, but it takes more than one meeting to convince Richard. He's caught stealing from Bisset and tries to double-cross Bayldon, a drug
supplier. Gradually, Holloway draws away from Richard, who eventually converts after the expected tribulations. This is the sort of film that labels its message on a lead pipe and proceeds to bash the audience over the head with it until they catch on.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Most-Watched Netflix Originals, By the Numbers
- 2. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Complete Guide
- 3. Dani Cares for Bright After an Accidental Drug Trip in Prodigal Son Sneak Peek
- 4. Helena Bonham Carter Will Not Take a Backseat to Olivia Colman in The Crown Season 3 Trailer
- 5. Best TV of the Decade: The Shows, Moments, and Trends That Defined the 2010s
- 6. The 25 Best Shows of the Decade
- 7. FX and FXX Had the Best Decade of Any Networks