The B-movie franchise about fear of flying peters out with this third entry, in which followers of the group Death Metal get a once-in-a-lifetime thrill when lead singer Slade Craven (John Mann) invites selected fans to a concert aboard a 747. Anchor Erika Black (Monica Schnarre) is covering the event, in which lucky concert-goers rock from Los Angeles to Toronto, for web TV network ZTV. What ZTV executives don't realize is that Erika is the pawn of a satanic cult that intends to crash the jet and make a nihilistic statement. Subduing the real Slade Craven in between numbers, a lookalike takes over the Marilyn Manson-esque proceedings. Menawhile, on terra firma, federal agent Kate Hayden (Gabrielle Anwar) is so outraged about computer hackers that she busts heavy metal enthusiast Nick Watts (Craig Sheffer) for illegally tapping into ZTV's pricey event for free. While she's interrogating Nick, the images on his computer screen reveal the predicament aboard the doomed jetliner. After shooting the pilot, the devil worshippers head for a Kansas town located near the seventh gate to Hell, the most unholy place in the USA. Once the real Slade Craven gets loose, he becomes Nick and Kate's ally, as they attempt to prevent the disaster. Equipped with a secret surveillance device in his computer, Nick feeds Slade tips. Can Nick and the ground crew thwart the demonic cult and give Slade instant flying lessons? This second-rate nonsense about the not-so-friendly skies will exasperate even die-hard fans of cheesy movies. The actors don't interact convincingly with each other, as if their scenes were filmed at different times using stand-ins, and the plot is simply preposterous.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Did True Detective Just Reveal The Season 3 Killer?
- 2. Baywatch on Amazon Prime Will Heat Up Your Winter
- 3. Here's What to Stream Before Gillian Anderson Arrives on The Crown
- 4. Pete Davidson Returns to SNL to Talk a Bit About Mental Health but Mostly The Mule
- 5. Saturday Night Live Spoofs the Shutdown with Deal or No Deal Parody
- 6. At Long Last, the American Gods Season 2 Trailer Is Here
- 7. Happy Super Blood Wolf Moon! Here's a Ranking of the Best TV Werewolves