The feature-directing debut of actor Kiefer Sutherland, this Tarantino-esque road movie begins with a drug heist gone sour and a falling-out among thieves on the run. Curtis (Sutherland) is the purported brains of the gang, a trigger-happy thug who makes the mistake of
blowing away an undercover cop during the robbery. That brings the wrath of the law-enforcement establishment down on the gang, which includes brooding ex-con Raymond (Vincent Gallo), his girlfriend Addy (Kim Dickens) and Marcus (Mykelti Williamson), a man who isn't what he seems. With the law
close on their trail, the thieves hijack an RV that comes complete with hostages -- ordinary people Gordon (Kevin Pollak) and Donna (Grace Phillips) -- and they career around the Southwest, heading for the fateful title town. Meanwhile, an intriguing chemistry develops between Gordon and his
captors: He starts to identify with them, much to Donna's dismay. Throw in Rod Steiger as a Las Vegas crime lord and Martin Sheen as a mysterious hit man known only as "Sir," and you have the makings of a smart, intricate movie that entertains while respecting the intelligence of its audience.
With a little word of mouth, it could turn into a bona fide sleeper.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Mindy Kaling Thinks Her Office Character Turned Into a Murderer
- 2. Everything We Know About the Rest of The Walking Dead Season 9
- 3. What to Stream the Weekend of Jan. 25
- 4. Anthony Scaramucci Exits Celebrity Big Brother Faster Than the White House
- 5. Here's Your First Look at Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor on Supergirl
- 6. Sex Education Is the Realest Fantasy You'll Ever Have
- 7. Suits Will Be Back for Just One More Season