The feature-directing debut of actor Kiefer Sutherland, this Tarantino-esque road movie begins with a drug heist gone sour and a falling-out among thieves on the run. Curtis (Sutherland) is the purported brains of the gang, a trigger-happy thug who makes the mistake of
blowing away an undercover cop during the robbery. That brings the wrath of the law-enforcement establishment down on the gang, which includes brooding ex-con Raymond (Vincent Gallo), his girlfriend Addy (Kim Dickens) and Marcus (Mykelti Williamson), a man who isn't what he seems. With the law
close on their trail, the thieves hijack an RV that comes complete with hostages -- ordinary people Gordon (Kevin Pollak) and Donna (Grace Phillips) -- and they career around the Southwest, heading for the fateful title town. Meanwhile, an intriguing chemistry develops between Gordon and his
captors: He starts to identify with them, much to Donna's dismay. Throw in Rod Steiger as a Las Vegas crime lord and Martin Sheen as a mysterious hit man known only as "Sir," and you have the makings of a smart, intricate movie that entertains while respecting the intelligence of its audience.
With a little word of mouth, it could turn into a bona fide sleeper.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Masked Singer: The Best and Worst Guesses About Who's Behind the Final Five Costumes
- 2. This Is Us' Beth Episode Gave Us the First True, Good Cry of the Season
- 3. NCIS' Sean Murray Weighs in on McGee's Surprising Past in '90s Flashback Episode
- 4. Which Umbrella Academy Character Are You?
- 5. Shadowhunters' Matthew Daddario Says Malec Is Heading for Rough Waters
- 6. Miracle Workers' Geraldine Viswanathan Isn't Here For Hollywood Tokenism
- 7. The Bachelor: Colton Is a Messy Bro Who Lives for Drama