Posing as tourists, American swindlers Berger, Guardino, and Wolff journey to Naples intending to steal valuables from a church. Wolff, taking full advantage of the city's edible offerings, consumes an excess of pasta and dies before the plan is well underway. Enlisting the aid of petty
criminal Manfredi because of his local knowledge, the other two crooks carry out their plan. After the successful robbery, the thieves fall out. Evading Manfredi, Berger murders Guardino, seizes the treasure, and--disguised as a nun--makes tracks for the airport. Manfredi and his friend, Adorf,
hijack the treasure from her before she can board an airplane. Manfredi then makes for the Swiss border with the jewels, in the company of a "fake" cardinal who serves as protective coloration. The cardinal proves to be the genuine article; he returns the treasure to its rightful habitat, the
church of the title.
- 1. Where All the People from Netflix's The Innocent Man Are Now
- 2. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 3. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 4. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 5. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed
- 6. Amazon Prime's January Lineup Makes It Easy To Prepare For Oscar Season
- 7. Last Man Standing Recruits Tisha Campbell for a Familiar Role