A movie that tries to be deep-thinking but just ends up too depressing, this supposed study in psychology watches young Forbes grow up to be a hooker and attempts to explain why. She has been controlled by her domineering mother since her whoremonger father deserted them when Forbes was a
child. The mother, who hates men, keeps telling the little girl her daddy liked the company of streetwalkers. The film gets weird for the sicko set when she turns to prostitution and has her clients call her "baby" as she calls them "daddy" to fulfill the roles she never had. As bad as that is, a
hooker friend attempts to have a lesbian relationship with Forbes, but she rejects the friend. For revenge, the woman sets up Forbes to bed her own father. When her dad finds out he just romped with his own flesh and blood, he freaks, and the film's end comes mercifully with predictable results.
Apparently the producers made up their minds not to try to fill in the picture with sexually explicit scenes and go for an "X" rating, although that may have been their original intent. Actress Forbes was the wife of Cannon Films president Chris Dewey, who in a publicity release for the picture,
claimed he wanted his wife to give up her acting career. He might well have persuaded her sooner.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Jeopardy! Sensation Pays Tribute to Alex Trebek With Donation to Cancer Charity
- 2. This Year's TCA Awards Get It Right With Nominations for Schitt's Creek and Fleabag
- 3. What's New on Netflix in July
- 4. What's Leaving Netflix in July
- 5. Terry Crews Tears Up Over America's Got Talent Youth Choir's Golden Buzzer-Worthy Performance
- 6. Lena Headey Says Cersei Had a Miscarriage in a Scene Cut From Game of Thrones
- 7. Here's When Dear White People Season 3 Comes Out on Netflix