Jouvet and Feuilliere take on the roles played by John Barrymore and Myrna Loy in this remake based on the Marcel Pagnol play. Feuilliere delivers an admirable performance as the mistress of a tycoon who becomes fond of a sheepish inventor, Jouvet. Truer to the original than its
predecessor, but not as well acted. One of three adaptations of Pagnol plays to be released with the advent of sound, TOPAZE was the only one filmed without the consent of the author. Pagnol was so offended by Paramount's having brought in another writer to redo his dialog that he became a film
producer himself. He formed his own company to film his next few features, including FANNY, filmed in 1932, as was this version of TOPAZE.
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Last Man Standing Renewed for Season 8
- 2. Let This Exclusive iZombie Key Art Get You Hyped for the Final Season
- 3. Someone Great Review: Gina Rodriguez Is Great, but the Movie Is Not
- 4. So, About That Time Jason Momoa Sent a Game of Thrones Showrunner to the Hospital
- 5. Where Does The Magicians Go After That Shocking and Unexpected Death?
- 6. Netflix's Tuca & Bertie Trailer Looks like Broad City with Birds
- 7. Homecoming Offers a Rare Glimpse at a Vulnerable (But Still Superhuman) Beyoncé