Francis Ford Coppola's first film, which doesn't automatically mean it's good. TONIGHT FOR SURE! was directed by the 22-year-old filmmaker before he hooked up with Roger Corman and made his first official film, DEMENTIA 13 (1963). This picture is a nudie western (not graphic, however, and
no worse than most R-rated pictures) about a pair of dirty old men who sneak into a burlesque house and rig the electricity supply to go out at midnight. Pretending to be members of the League Against Nudity, the two men actually lead a comic life of perversions, one peeking at women with a
telescope, the other imagining he's seeing naked women everywhere. The film experienced a short revival in 1982, but its only purpose is a cinematically historic one. Carmen Coppola, who also scored the NAPOLEON revival, contributes an especially annoying score. Needless to say, Coppola refuses to
recognize TONIGHT FOR SURE! as a skeleton in his closet.
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Mindy Kaling's New Netflix Show Could Fill the One Day at a Time Void in Your Life
- 2. Last Man Standing Exclusive: Eve Gets Tough with the Baxters' Foreign Exchange Student
- 3. Hanna Review: Now This Is How You Turn a Movie Into a TV Series
- 4. Lizzy Caplan and Elsie Fisher Will Step Into a Stephen King Classic in Castle Rock Season 2
- 5. Everything to Know About The Sopranos Movie, Newark
- 6. Jane the Virgin Boss Previews Michael's Return: 'It Affects the Whole Season'
- 7. One Day at a Time and Sex Education Are Helping Immigrants and Their Queer Kids Bridge the Generational Gap