This low-budget Patrick Swayze film, shot before DIRTY DANCING became so popular, was given an extremely limited theatrical release before showing up in the video stores. Set in a dreary western Pennsylvania steel town, the film follows Chuck "Tiger" Warsaw (Swayze) who has returned home
after having run off 15 years before. A prodigal son now desperate to patch things up with his family, Swayze struggles to remember the incident that caused him to leave town and it is pieced together via flashbacks. It seems that Swayze once took a peek at his sister (McDonnell) undressing, and
the uptight girl flipped out and cried incest. This led to a heated confrontation with dad (Richardson), which culminated with Swayze pulling a gun and plugging his pop. Swayze subsequently skipped town and headed to Miami where he has spent the last 15 years in a haze of drugs, booze, and other
overindulgences. Now home, Swayze finds that the incident has left his dad a virtual catatonic whose only interest is high-school sports, his sister has become a ruthless real estate salesperson and is about to marry a dull yuppie type, and Mom (Laurie) simply doesn't want to talk about it.
Needless to say, Swayze has his work cut out for him as he tries to straighten out the mess. There's little here of interest and it's obvious that if Swayze's star hadn't taken off following DIRTY DANCING this effort never would have seen the light of day.
- 1. Riverdale: What the Actual Hell Is Hiram Up To?
- 2. Power Boss Honors 'Beloved' Crew Member Killed in On-Set Accident
- 3. At Long Last, Jeffrey Dean Morgan Is Headed Back to Supernatural!
- 4. Miley Cyrus Confirms She's Going to Be in Black Mirror Season 5
- 5. What to Stream the Weekend of Dec. 14
- 6. The Cast and Creators of Good Trouble Tease Callie and Mariana's Sexy Fresh Start
- 7. A Million Little Things Bumps a Shondaland Show in New ABC Lineup