Yet another stock-car racing film set in the South, THUNDER IN CAROLINA follows Mitch Cooper (Rory Calhoun), a former racer forced into retirement after a nasty crash that left his leg permanently injured. With nothing much else to do, Mitch takes young garage owner Les York (John
Gentry) under his wing and teaches the eager mechanic how to race. Les soon becomes obsessed with racing and practically forces his beautiful wife, Rene (Connie Hines), into Mitch's arms after he (Les) is smitten with a racetrack groupie. The film includes loads of footage of the Southern 500,
including scenes of crews prepping cars, a street festival, some risky practice driving through the Carolina mountains, and even some exciting race footage shot from a car-mounted camera.
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. HBO Really Wants Donald Trump to Stop Tweeting Game of Thrones Memes
- 2. Every The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Easter Egg in Legacies Season 1
- 3. Last Man Standing Renewed for Season 8
- 4. Let This Exclusive iZombie Key Art Get You Hyped for the Final Season
- 5. Legacies Boss Explains How Hope's Sacrifice Will Affect Season 2
- 6. Someone Great Review: Gina Rodriguez Is Great, but the Movie Is Not
- 7. So, About That Time Jason Momoa Sent a Game of Thrones Showrunner to the Hospital