Whitney is sent to an East Coast finishing school that, unknown to her, is run by an unemployed stage troupe. The chorus girls pose as students, and the rest of the show acts as faculty, but soon all are found out. When Whitney's Hollywood-producer father comes to see her "school"
performance, he is so delighted he signs them all to contracts. An interesting opportunity to see the ever-youthful Cummings as a song-and-dance man during this second year of his film career. The funniest expression in an otherwise pallid show-business screenplay is the motto of Halliday's
Miracle movie studio: "If It's a Good Picture, It's a Miracle." This picture was no miracle. Songs include: "Where Is My Heart?" "The Swing Tap," "Tap Your Feet," "Long Ago and Far Away" (Ralph Rainger, Leo Robin), "Learn to Be Lovely."
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Well, That Evil Episode Was Truly Horrifying
- 2. Atypical Promises Even Less Normalcy in Season 3
- 3. Kevin Tran Deserved Better in His Supernatural Return
- 4. Legacies May Finally Give Us Dark Josie, and We're Here For It
- 5. There's Another Bundle of Joy Coming to Grey's Anatomy
- 6. The Good Place Revealed Another Bad Place Spy, and It's Not Who We Expected
- 7. Modern Love Review: Amazon's Anthology Might Disappoint Longtime Fans of the Column