Banky is a recent arrival in the US from Hungary. Taken in by her uncle (Littlefield), she gets a job as a waitress and one day sees and falls in love with Hall, a millionaire. Banky believes him to be a chauffeur (probably because of the chauffeur's hat he is wearing) and when they are
married not long afterwards, she insists that he buy a taxi and go into business for himself. Littlefield, though, gambles away the cab money and Banky is compelled to borrow money from her cousin Ridgeway's rich lover. Hall finally reveals his wealth and Banky is swept up in a new love for her
adopted country. Silly romantic comedy with talking sequences is mostly a holdout from the silents. With the advent of sound, Banky was restricted by her accent to roles such as this in her first talking picture. She retired from the screen shortly afterward.
Let's Talk About Sex on TV, Baby
Sex Ed Week explores the ways TV is pushing boundaries forward – and the ways it still lets us down
The Best Big Bang Theory Guest Stars, Ranked
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Someone Great Review: Gina Rodriguez Is Great, but the Movie Is Not
- 2. So, About That Time Jason Momoa Sent a Game of Thrones Showrunner to the Hospital
- 3. Where Does The Magicians Go After That Shocking and Unexpected Death?
- 4. Netflix's Tuca & Bertie Trailer Looks like Broad City with Birds
- 5. Homecoming Offers a Rare Glimpse at a Vulnerable (But Still Superhuman) Beyoncé
- 6. Elmo Ends the Lannister Family Feud in This Sesame Street and Game of Thrones Crossover
- 7. This Game of Thrones Star Still Hasn't Watched the Whole Show