A curious experimental film that predates the spirituality and rock 'n' roll messiah mumbo-jumbo of TOMMY by over a decade. Carey is an insurance salesman who refuses to believe that a deity rules the universe and thereby proclaims himself to be God. With guitar in hand and the support of
a wealthy old woman, he gathers followers. His reign is cut short by a miracle (the film's only color sequence) that proves the insignificance of man. Dopey, poorly acted, scripted with a dull pencil, and outdated, the film is still a little bit of fun. Music by rock experimentalist Frank
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Skyler White Deserved So Much Better From Breaking Bad Fans
- 2. Connie, the Unsung Hero of Steven Universe, Was a Warrior From the Start
- 3. Sarah Carter on Playing The Flash's First Female Big Bad: 'It's Great to Step Into That Dark Feminine Energy'
- 4. The First Twilight Zone Episode Teasers Are Seriously Eerie
- 5. The Walking Dead's Latest Victims Say Goodbye and Thank You to Fans
- 6. Everything We Know About Apple's Streaming Service, Apple TV+
- 7. The Case Against Adnan Syed Is the Retrial He May Never Get