The last Super-8 effort from experimental husband-and-wife team Scott B. and Beth B., a pair of art-school dropouts. Made on a budget of less than $5,000, THE TRAP DOOR tells of the unemployed John Ahearn's effort to find some stability in his life, creating a disturbing, oppressive world.
This nightmarish life brings Ahearn in contact with a number of exotic characters, all wrapped up in their own selves. Eventually Ahearn is knocked over the head by Jack Smith (a director of many fine American underground films in the 1960s) and robbed. For those interested in experimental
art-school films, Beth B. and Scott B. will impress. Those who prefer narrative filmmaking, however, should steer clear.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. The Other Two Is the Sweetest Take on Showbiz Satires
- 2. Supernatural's Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Tease 300th Episode
- 3. Burned by the Fyre Festival, Restaurant Owner in Netflix Doc Raises $135,000 in a Week
- 4. When Is Super Bowl LIII?
- 5. Did True Detective Just Reveal The Season 3 Killer?
- 6. Baywatch on Amazon Prime Will Heat Up Your Winter
- 7. Here's What to Stream Before Gillian Anderson Arrives on The Crown