Released in the US under the not-so-catchy title U-BOAT 29, this Michael Powell espionage picture takes place during WW I. Conrad Veidt plays German submarine commander Capt. Hardt, who is cruising off the coast of England when he gets word that he is to proceed forthwith to the northern
Orkney Islands and rendezvous with a female agent who will give him further instructions. He meets Joan (Valerie Hobson), a schoolteacher in the employ of the Kaiser, only to learn in time that she and her cohort, British naval officer Blacklock (Sebastian Shaw), are triple agents. Veidt is
sensational in one of his many German roles, the most memorable being CASABLANCA's Maj. Strasser.
- 1. Where All the People from Netflix's The Innocent Man Are Now
- 2. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 3. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 4. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 5. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed
- 6. Amazon Prime's January Lineup Makes It Easy To Prepare For Oscar Season
- 7. Last Man Standing Recruits Tisha Campbell for a Familiar Role