Theatrical Trailer for The Santa Clause. Divorced toy company executive Scott Calvin (Tim Allen of Home Improvement and the Toy Story movies) is pleased to have his son Charlie for Christmas, though the boy himself isn't happy about it. But when Santa Claus accidentally topples off the roof of the house and falls with a thud in the snow, Scott finds himself taking the merry old elf's place and earning new respect in his son's eyes. When the night ends, the reindeer take them to the north pole, and Scott discovers that by donning the fabled red suit, he's inadvertently agreed to become the next Santa Claus. The next morning he wakes up in his own bed and thinks it's all a dream--only Charlie remembers it with crystal clarity. Scott now has to deal with his suspicious ex-wife (Wendy Crewson, Air Force One) and her psychiatrist boyfriend (Judge Reinhold, Beverly Hills Cop), who both think he's playing tricks with Charlie's mind, and also with his own out-of-control body, which is putting on weight and growing a prodigious beard. The Santa Clause probably won't supplant It's a Wonderful Life or Miracle on 34th Street as anyone's favorite holiday film, but it's an enjoyable, straightforward family film, anchored by the affable charisma of Allen.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. We Demand Justice for Old Knight, The OA's Telepathic Octopus
- 2. The Best Romance Shows and Movies to Stream on Netflix Right Now
- 3. What's Fact and Fiction in Netflix's Mötley Crüe Biopic The Dirt?
- 4. The Blacklist Gets the Band Back Together
- 5. Patricia Arquette's Kids Didn't Want Her to Star in Hulu's True Crime Story The Act
- 6. Queer Eye's Karamo Brown Reveals How He Gets That Emotional Breakthrough With Each 'Hero'
- 7. Aidy Bryant Takes Us Behind Filming Shrill's Empowering Fat Babe Pool Party