After being discharged from the Army, five buddies take an empty Pasadena restaurant and turn it into an apartment complex for themselves. Harris convinces the other four to take in his brother Vaughan, who turns out to be an unethical, self-centered would-be actor. He has soon talked the
other guys out of their cash and their clothing. In addition he cozies up to Prowse, a money-hungry car hop who's after one of the residents. (It seems the guy's mother is a millionaire.) While helping Prowse, Vaughan manages to have an affair with her as well, and he expects a share of the money
if she succeeds. Vaughn then takes up with Hyer, a photographer for Life magazine. He talks her into doing a story on the complex, taking most of the credit as well as finagling his picture onto the cover of the magazine. This gets him just what he wants, fame and an agent. But at a party Hyer
finally sees him for what he is, and Prowse turns up pregnant. He's forced to marry her, and the other guys throw him out of the complex. He is on the verge of fame but has paid a high price for it. THE RIGHT APPROACH is a film that never lives up to its title. Vaughan's character has not a single
redeeming quality, which makes this a difficult film to watch. He's just too unsavory to be believed. The direction is lackluster, with a naive attitude toward what could have been sophisticated material. This was supposed to be the film that would catapult Vaughan to Hollywood stardom, but, of
course, it missed that mark by a long way. The script is an adaptation of a play by Garson Kanin done by his brother Michael and sister-in-law Fay Kanin.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Demi's Sociopathic Edit Is the Highlight of The Bachelor So Far
- 2. Kerry Washington Heads to Netflix for American Son
- 3. Here's When The Expanse Season 3 Heads to Amazon Prime Video
- 4. Chicago Fire's Gentle Human Mouch Blows Up at Otis in a Jarring Sneak Peek
- 5. Where to Stream This Year's Oscar-Nominated Films
- 6. Black Panther Is the First Superhero Movie Nominated for Best Picture – And You Can Stream It Right Now
- 7. What If Tracee Ellis Ross and Kumail Nanjiani Just Host the Damn Oscars?